HBO "the Wire" - Google News Feed

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Slate's Breaking Down the Wire

Good morning and welcome to Breaking Down The Wire. I'm a guest, too, so we can make this up as we go along and hope Alex and Steve won't think we screwed up their gig too badly when they come back.

I am a huge evangelist for this show—I've given the DVD as a Hanukkah present to more than one family member, and this fall, after watching the first three seasons courtesy of Netflix, I persuaded my principled husband to subscribe to HBO for the first time so I could watch the fourth season in real time. I know you're a big fan as well. And there's lots to discuss as the season rumbles into its final quarter. But I have to say, I found this week's episode a bit baffling, as a matter of character development, which the writers usually address with such care. Here's the question that had my husband and me shouting at the screen: Michael, what are you DOING?!?...

2 comments:

MagicDongHuang said...

Hey, I'm a huge fan of the Wire and I am putting out a line of clothing to commemorate the show. Let me know if you like it. Been reading your blog for a while and I like what you're doing.

EnJ is finally releasing The WIRE Pack on www.lifevstyle.com this Friday featuring a Stringer Bell T-shirt, an Omar T-shirt, and a Barksdale/Stanfield Sweater and hoodie. There will also be a one of a kind Kamikaze Bunnies customized Neptune Dunk called "The Fallen Soldier". The shirts are all limited runs with only 45 of each shirt/sweater and only 20 of the hoodie. For pre-orders, prices, and sizes, please contact EnJdesign@gmail.com.

For sneak peaks, here is the designer's flickr links.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52075395@N00/

Anonymous said...

hey your blog design is very nice, neat and fresh and with updated content, make people feel peace and I always like browsing your site.

- Thomas